DIY_EFI Digest V1 #319

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Mon Oct 21 07:47:42 GMT 1996

     no thanks, I've broken too many joysticks playing computer games (when
     too excited) to trust one to control a car.

Subject: Re: DIY_EFI Digest V1 #319
Author:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu at INTERNET
Date:    10/21/96 7:43 AM

     <snip>

Along the same line if you're open minded enough I'd recommend taking a look at
t he
Mercedes F-200 concept car introduced last month. Pretty much the entire car is
joystick controlled, and tests have shown people able to manipulate it more
preci sely
than conventional systems. The other neat wrinkle is that it's cheaper(no
steerin g
column) and it doesn't care which side of the road you drive on, it can be
driven

equally from either side.
   One other thing that I'm sure will be controversial, the control system
   respon
ds
as per drivers input, unless the computer figuires the drivers input is
inappropr iate...

   Course with all the success MBZ and BMW have had with thier motronics blowing
up,
I can't wait for this......This is going to be good!!!:-)
--
< <"a society that will trade a little freedom for a little order
deserves neither"                                          Thomas Jefferson

Clinton doesn't want anything Hitler didn't have.

What do you get with Bob Dole, Bill Clinton, and Dolly Parton in the same room?
Two boobs and a country singer!

Harry Browne for US president 96!                              Talltom