GM knock sensing

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Mon Oct 21 07:57:36 GMT 1996

     On the business of knock sensing (especially GM).  Does anyone know
     how the 5 pin ignition module works.  I figured it is similar to a 4
     pin module, but somehow the 5th pin from the est module is used to
     retard the timing.  How is this done in the ignition module ?

     Also I want to connect the old style HEI dizzy to the computer for
     computer controlled mapping.  Can the 7 pin module be fitted in this
     dizzy ? and does it have the reguired output (tacho signal) to the
     computer as well as the required input (coil drive signal) from the
     computer ?  I read something about a 5V bypass signal on the 7 pin
     module, what's this for ?

     Hopefully thanks in advance

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au