Knock sensors

John Faubion jfaubion at beaches.net
Tue Oct 22 02:34:58 GMT 1996

> I saw alot of discussion about knock and its relationship to A/F ratio.
> Although it's true that a lean mixture can lead to knock due to soaring
> combustion chamber temperatures, the primary reason for knock sensors is
> correct for an over-advanced condition. After all when knock is detected,
> the spark is retarded, not the A/F richened. Just my .02 on the subject.

Well John since I can't adjust the timing on a race kart I have no choice
but to adjust A/F ratio. Since this works though and since the O2 sensor
doesn't do a great job under WOT conditions, I'm thinking this might be a
decent way to adjust A/F for maximum power under WOT conditions. Using EFI
on the street in a production type scenario is not necessarily what I have
in mind.  8)

John Faubion