interfacing EGT sensor with O2 senor input

Lawrence Ho hohoho at aicom.com
Tue Oct 22 05:18:50 GMT 1996

Hi Johnny

O2 sensor have two distinctive state

rich	0.6 > 0.9v

lean	0.1 > 0.4v

How about using a micro controller or a Pic to monitor EGT. If you want
more fuel just sent a sent a low voltage (0.1 > 0.4v) to the O2 sensor
input, which tells the computer O2 sensor is lean and hence sent more
fuel.

When the EGT is in the desire range, just oscillate between lean and
rich very fast or 0.5v ?

Of course there will be a limit on how much the computer will compensate
before thinking the sensor is not working or running out of block learn.

Lawrence Ho