Fuel Delivery and Ignition Question...

Markus Strobl eusmsrt at exu.ericsson.se
Fri Oct 25 18:22:27 GMT 1996

> >      What I intend to do is design/create a device which sends a fixed (say
> > 180km/hr) signal to the ECU after I exceed 180km/hr so that I may bypass
> > this cursed functionality.  I know that the ECU uses the vehicle's speed in
> > its calculation for these functions and I am wondering what effect passing
> > an incorrect speed of 180km/hr when I start to drive faster, say at
> > 200+km/hr  My question is:  How does this effect the ignition and fuel
> > delivery?  Please help!
>
> Sorry, can't provide any specific help, but I wanted to say that
> that rev limiter must be there for a reason.  I'd expect vehicle
> speed to impact transmission control more than anything else.
>
> Suggestion:  consider everything that spins (e.g. engine,
> transmission, driveline, tires, etc) and step carefully.
>

> Anthony Tsakiris

I don't know about a nissan, but the camaros have the same speedlimiter
if you order the car with the default tires. These tires are H-rated,
and they put in a 108mph speedlimiter for liability reasons. If the
car is ordered with the optional Z-rated tires there's no speedlimiter.

for the Camaro hypertech makes a flash-memory programmer that can remove
the limiter (among other things). Don't know if they make one for a
nissan. Check out their web page at www.hypertech-inc.com

-------

Markus '96 Z28