knock sensor

RD Rick rickydik at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 1 16:51:18 GMT 1996

Todd wrote:

>Once Again:
>	J&S Electronics
>	(714) 534-6975
>	13925 parkway Drive
>	Garden Grove, Ca 92643
>
>Talk to John, and tell him, Todd from Protomotive sent me.  He's got a
>great product.  His knock sensor will integrate with everything shy of
>distributorless and he's probably working on that as well.

In his 1992 book, Dr.(?) Jacobs claims that knock sensors jump the
timing back six degrees, and it takes some time to recover to optimum.
Meanwhile, an acceleration, like to pass a car, is over with.  He says
a dashboard-mounted timing control, which he happens to sell, gives
better results.  Comments?
RD