Knock sensors

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Mon Sep 2 16:36:20 GMT 1996

Have to say that I've seen "Dr. Jacobs" advertise so much stuff that sounded
flakey, I'd personally have to ride in the before and after and watch the
proceedure to believe it.

  I did a Corvette with a turbo on it and used a old buick spark retard
system, and while it worked, I wasn't really very happy with it. It would
retard 3 degrees for every clatter it didn't like, and hold it for 20-60
seconds. The problem was that it was inconsistent, back to back runs would
vary widely. In fact one day it decided to run harder than it had previous
and fried the tires hitting second. The result being the rear end stepped
out to the left and the car climbed the curb to teh demise of the right
front corner.
  My question is what kind of expieriences have others had with knock
retard systems? I'd think that by now this would have been refined some.