d disease

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Tue Sep 3 20:01:49 GMT 1996

>The Djet and Ljet EFI in the aircooled opposed VW and Porsche 914
>engines sprays directly at the intake valve from three inches away.
>
>With the Djet, the fuel is squirted in at the beginning of the intake
>stroke two of the cyls, and at the beginning of the power stroke on the
>other two cyls, so its operation is compromised.
>
>People on the 914fans lists have been debating the injector timing
>question, so your post is being forwarded there.  Hope you don't mind.
>
>RD

If it's any help Mercedes applications I believe inject just before or slightly
after intake valve opening.
  Here I'm really going to screw myself, but here goes. It would seem to me that
one could use a mercedes brain on a four cylinder and set the points up so that
the sequence you want is accomplished.
   All I ask for the idea is enough of the mercedes brains to keep me supplied
before you guys grab them all up.:-)

Just for those who aren't thoroughly neaseated yet, maybe I should mention
the fact that we haven't checked into DIGIFANT yet! :->