DIY_EFI Digest V1 #258

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Wed Sep 4 01:42:10 GMT 1996

> How important that is depnds on how well
>calibrated the seat of your pants is or how important that last 0.01 in
>the 1/4 mile is.

Having been refered to as a hemroid, I'm glad to see that somebody else
thinks hemroid sensitivity is usefull!:-)

>Therefore another approach is to outrun the fuse,
>which fast burn combustion chambers can do. Anyone notice how high the
>compression ratios of modern 4V engines (and even some 2V) are getting?

Yes I have and I'm pissed! Would you say that is due to combustion chamber
design,
or to more precise tuning capability?

While I've got your attention, have you seen the throttle valve the later
vw's are using? It looks like anything else, but when you look close the
blade fits into a recess machined into the bore, kind of like a ball valve.
To me it looks like this setup would eleviate the harsh throttle opening at
the bottom end and allow full
sail in an individual cylinder basis. Whaddya think?

>Ed Hernandez, still catching up...
>Ford Motor Company
>ehernan3 at ed8719.pto.ford.com

Bye the way, bullistic bottom end throttle response can be fun. Loaned my car
to girl who had dropped her clutch and couldn't drive without
clutch.(georgous redhead!-) I followed her home in her car being as I could
drive it without clutch. When I asked her why she was in such a hurry that
she smoked the tires and gas was flying out the back(somebody had stolen the
gas cap) she said she wasn't used to the throttle and didn't have that
problem with her Datsun.