D disease

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Wed Sep 4 01:42:30 GMT 1996

>From: rickydik at ix.netcom.com (RD Rick)
>Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:54:56 -0700
>Subject: Re: Bosch d disease
>
>talltom wrote:
>>>From: rickydik at ix.netcom.com (RD Rick)
>>>Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 12:06:45 -0700
>>>Subject: Re: DIY_EFI Digest V1 #256
>>
>>>I may be able to help you, Tom.  I have a Djet tester, 17 years of
>>>driving Djet 914's, lots of spares, psuedo-schematics, oscilloscope,
>>>etc., and a distributor machine to do dynamic things.
>>>What is the nature of your problem?
>
>>   What I've got is a Cadillac style V8-6-4. The way this happened is
>that the >brain on my mercedes 4.5 started dropping a circuit or two of
>injectors, and>now >is to the point that it's so disgusting that I tore
>the rest of it apart for >long put off tweaking.
>>  I came to this grandiose conclusion because I've checked everything
>else>repeatedly and it checks good.
>>   My questions are a little ignorant as I don't mess with porsche's
>and air>cooled>vw's(they're to close to the ground):-> is are the
>d-jetronic systems they use>equipped with four injector circuits? If
>so, do you think any of your schematics>would be useful in surgery?
>Dist. machine, ocilloscope... I'm jealous!
>
>Yeah, the Djet tester I have was made by EFI Associates LA.  It can
>test the 8 cyl Merc, but I don't know if my harness will fit.  Is  your
>ECU about 8" x 12" and have the 25 pin connector on the end?  If so, my
>tester should work.  What part number is the ECU?  I don't have much in
>the way of schematics, but that vintage electronics is my cup of tea.

Yep! All of the above. Weighs about 15 pounds too!
I'll get the number for you soon.

>I could check your dist, too, and dynamically test its inj. contacts.

I've had it apart twice and I don't think that's the problem, but it's
nice info in case I'm wrong.(NEVER!)

>The Djet in 4 cyl engines has just two injector circuits.  I'm 6' and
>fit the 914, but my 6' 4" son hates it.  You would need a bubble
>canopy.  :)

I suspect the reason your son hates it has to do more with his age than his
size.  Am I right? Is this a teenager?