Ancient History

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Sep 4 09:14:13 GMT 1996

-> I'm interested to learn more about when should I inject fuel for best
-> power and when
-> should I do so for best efficiency.  It seems that a Hillborn system
-> just dumps fuel and fuel guaranteeing full combustion but at the
-> expense of efficiency.

 Once you go to full throttle the injector pulsewidth should approach
100%; basically the injector is on all the time.  At idle and low RPM
the injector timing makes a small difference, but it's mostly an
emissions thing.  Lots of quite efficient cars simply batch left bank,
right bank, and to hell with trying to time it.