Subject: Re: Knock sensors

Woodd, Michael wooddm at akcity.govt.nz
Wed Sep 4 21:19:56 GMT 1996

Bob says...

>Why not use the sensor to directly change a parameter that
>controls knock - temperature?

I think it has already been said here, and I think the general idea
was that you can't reduce the temperatures enough by just
adding more fuel, unless you add a whole hell of a lot.  Thats
what brought up the water injection thing, I think

What about injecting water upon knock sensed (for non-turbo
cars)?  How far can you increase spark advance and continue
adding more water before something happens (like the engine
hydraulics...)?

Mike Woodd
(wooddm at akcity.govt.nz)