Ancient History

John Faubion jfaubion at beaches.net
Fri Sep 6 22:28:52 GMT 1996

> So, you're telling me these mpg figures don't bother you?
>
> Tom

Well Tom actually no they don't. You see I have a 78 El Camino with a 427
fat block. I built it quite mild to begin with and ran a Turbo 400 auto
behind it with a 2.73 rear axle. With this combination I had an average of
12-14 mpg in town and 21+ on the highway. With a switch to 3.55:1 rear
ratio, my in town mileage stepped up and my highway mileage dropped to
15-16 mpg. Next step is a 700-R4 so that I can get my highway mileage back.
This is also using a QuadraJet 4bbl. With my EFI project I hope to improve
both sets of mileage figures.

John Faubion
jfaubion at beaches.net