more water injection

Dirk Wright wright at uspto.gov
Tue Sep 10 18:37:02 GMT 1996

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, M HILL wrote:

> I am led to believe that the reason you do not want water in the
> petrol tank is that water is heavier than petrol, and will therefore
> sit at the bottom of the tank and make it go rusty.  You are unlikely
> to get the water mixed up with the petrol.  I do not know much about
> the products used to remove water from the petrol tank, but I imagine
> they just make it all mix up together.  Thus enabling it to be pumped
> out of the petrol tank.

OK, assume that the tank is rust-proof (sealed on the inside), and that
the water is mixed thoroughly with the gas using some type of alcohol,
and that the fuel system can tolerate both the water and the alcohol,
would this give you more power and/or economy? You could assume distilled
water is used, also, if you wish.

Dirk Wright 					            wright at uspto.gov
"I speak for myself and not my employer."               1974 Porsche 914 2.0
"A real hifi glows in the dark and has horns."            1965 Goodman House