steam!

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Sun Sep 15 06:59:44 GMT 1996

  Allright! Anybody got any good ideas about how to reclaim the water when it's
been thru the engine?(Water isn't as plentyful as it used to be) Short of making
a deal with wppss(Another conceptually and financially bankrupt govt. -
washington public power supply system.) on a unused cooling tower that is.?
It's not that
my old truck won't tow it, it's that at 496' in height I don't think I could
license the trailer, never mind clearance problems.:-)
   I heard of a guy locally that put a outboard motor in a ups like truck with
a homemade rotary valve and "modern" boiler(this was in the mid 70's) There
were
several little problems, but one of them was to much power. He hooked the crank
direct to the driveline, no tranny. You had to be careful with the throttle
because
it had a tendency to fry the 4 rear tires. Imagine grandma able to only drive
like a scalded ape because of power. At least that's the way I heard it, and
the guy I heard it from knew the one who did it and has never been caught lying
in the 30 years I've known him.
    Another problem is that in Ameirca cars are supposed to be babby buggies
in that
any idiot is supposed to be able to get in one and reguardless oh how stupid
he or
someone else is no one's supposed to get hurt.(I didn't do it, don't blame me)
    Superheated steam(1200psi) in the case of a ruptured pipe can be invisible,
and if you happen to walk by can cut your leg off without warning so they tell
me at the local steam generating plant. Anyhow suffice it to say that 1200psi
anything in a vehicle is going to have a real rough time with the market, and
govt.'s.