Math Question

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Sep 15 10:12:41 GMT 1996

-> If steam engines are so great, why were they replaced with diesels?

 Because if the operator of a steam engine were stupid enough he could
blow it up, greatly annoying the owner and any bystanders.  It's pretty
hard to do that with a Diesel.

 Steam prime movers are pretty much limited to stationary turbines now,
but they're still pretty important.  There's a 99.99% chance the
electricity you're using to read this message was generated by a steam
engine, whether the heat source was burning coal or nuclear fission.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==