Mail Delivery Failure.

Chuck Thigpen cthiggy at gulf.net
Mon Sep 16 01:35:17 GMT 1996

 I have been reading all of the correspondence on this list for
 several months now.  I can't even begin to describe all that I
 have learned about DIY_FI.  I continually look to this list to
 learn more about all of the topics.

 Unfortunately, my field of study in college was Mechanical
 Engineering which has made me somewhat illiterate in the
 world of electronics.  I am continually trying to learn more
 about electronics, however, I am still quite the amateur.

 I am looking to create a measurement device that is LCD and
 is virtually a multimeter.  I have a  280ZX Turbo that has the
 stock Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection in it.  I am planning on
 modifying it fairly extensively, but I would like to retain the
 stock FI system.  I need this measuring device to display
 up to 6 different signals including Inlet Air Temp, Head Temp,
 A/F ratio, boost pressure, and fuel pressure, water temp  etc.   I know that
 I will have to calibrate these readings for each sensor.  Is there
 an A/D converter that would handle this many input signals
 (possibly a switching type system)???  I would also like the
 unit to be programmable to read the proper units for each
 measurement.  It can read each signal one at a time.  I don't
 need to see all of them at once.

 Can anyone recommend what components I should use and how
 I should assemble such a unit???   Like I said, I am pretty ignorant
 to electronic circuits beyond the basics.  Can someone please help?
 I want to be able to tune without destroying engine parts.  Thanks
 in advance.

 Chuck Thigpen