Looking for a price/supplier for a Honda F2 EFI

Mike Fahrion mfahrion at bb-elec.com
Tue Sep 17 19:45:45 GMT 1996

> >One the reqs for sr design is to evaluate the build/buy decisition
> >(though I like  building things).  So I am looking for an aftermarket
> >Honda F2 (599 cc, 13000 rpm motorcycle) EFI unit.  Any sources?
>
> I might look in a junk yard for a recked bike to get this off of.  Honda parts
> are quite expensive(believe me, they steal a bunch of $$ everytime I need to do

The closest thing I can think of would be Yamaha's GTS1000.  Good
luck finding one in the junk yard though.  This FI 4cyl 1000cc wasn't
a big seller.  A friend has a '93 and isn't exactly impressed with its
warmup characteristics considering its injected.
There is also a FI harley and BMWs I believe, but those probably
wouldn't do much for you.

If this was a real life adventure I think I'd personally stick with
the method honda chose - pretty hard to improve upon if emissions
aren't a critical factor.

Good Luck
-mike