Hardened Valve Seats

Michael D. Porter mdporter at rt66.com
Thu Sep 19 06:08:20 GMT 1996

Hans--

Wie Gehts?  Just wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten about the
seat
material.  Checked the SAE books we have--specs for valves, but not
seats.  Checked the General Motors Materials books, but no mention I
could find.  Took a cursory look at the ASM (Am. Society of Materials)
Handbook, which goes into a million grades of steel, but no applications
for those materials in the section I checked.  Has been very busy at
work, but when it slows down for a heartbeat or two, I'll keep looking.
If I strike out at work, I'll make a Saturday morning visit to the
machine shop and check their catalogs for specs.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....