Kiss

Robert J. Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Thu Sep 19 16:01:35 GMT 1996

Once upon a time, refrigerators ran on what I believe is
called the ammonia cycle.  RV and some industrial fridges
still do.  RV's  burn Propane to  generate the heat
energy to cool the pop and make ice.

The one area every one agrees that helps power, mileage
and efficiency is intercooling the discharge air of a turbo.
Why not look at this type of pumpless, compressor less
form of refrigeration as a possible candidate for active
charge cooling while recovering some excess heat energy.

Not being a refrigeration engineer, I can't say what the
numbers will run out to, but it offers some initial hope of
doing something practical with the excess heat.  Any form
of charge cooling is going to require control and at least
feedforward.  The perfect candidate for that is the EFI
controller.

Just some food for thought - for whatever its worth.  I'm out
of the feedback loop - just want to see if anyone else sees
some possibility.

This signature line censored because it
offended a government employee

Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>