Checking fuel pressure?

steve m trindade smtjr at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Sep 28 02:10:55 GMT 1996

mike,
i am not sure if it would work or not, but I wouldn't recommend it. they do
make special high pressure gauges specifically for measuring fuel pressure.
in my experience i have never seen a test port that was a schrader valve
anyway. there is another benefit to using the right test gauge. they screw
on and seal and usually come with a fairly long hose. with this you can
usually go for a drive with the gauge peeking from under the cowl of the
hood so you can read while you drive. that's where you get your good
information from.

Steve Trindade (smtjr at mail.utexas.edu)
P1 Engineering
Austin, Tx. USA