Wires and such

Johnny allnight at everett.net
Fri Sep 27 23:18:08 GMT 1996

AMP makes a pretty good one for about 80 bucks. It comes with one set of
dies for your regular "car type" crimp connectors and many other die sets
are available, like for BNC's etc. It pays to use "real" connectors too.
The AMP connectors give good results, and they make just about any
connector you can think of.

Like David said, soldering don't cut it when you are talking about wires
that move around. Even wires that attach to a circuit board are (gasp)
wrapped, not soldered, when used in high vibration environments.

Once you have used a real crimper on real connectors... well, the next time
you are at Al's and you see that glorious $6.95 connector kit with the
crimper and the the connectors you will enjoy snickering as you pass by. If
you want a real good laugh, just ask the doofass behind the counter "hey,
where do you keep the real crimpers".

-j-