Volkswagen Digifant Injection

Epjetta at aol.com Epjetta at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 06:34:59 GMT 1997

This is the first time I have posted to this group and I have a OEM fuel
injection
modification question. The system in question is the VW Digifant as used in
the Corrado G60(the factory supercharged version). From what I can determine,
it use's a map sensor, and some sort of air tempeture sensor with a
potentiometer ( to adjust a/f ratio) in the boost tube to the throttle body.
It also use's two switches to tell the ECU that the throttle is
closed/open/full throttle.
If I'm not mistaken, the ECU also use's the idle control valve to bleed off
excess boost pressure at full throttle if it exceeds a certain level. The ECU
also controls timing with knock sensor control.

Now my question is, can I use this system with out the boost? I know I'll
have to reprogram the ECU for non-boost condition's, but is that all? I just
subscribed to this group and am not sure how much VW or Bosch experiance
there is floating around in here. If more information is needed, I can
probably obtain it(but not on the web.for some reason there is a lack of info
on this system)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marty Atcher
epjetta at aol.com