Range Rover/Discovery efi-Motronic??

Brian Neill Tiedemann bnt at minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU
Tue Apr 1 07:09:52 GMT 1997

Hi,
I have been a mostly silent list member for quite a while, but now I have
some new questions for all...
I have been examining a Range Rover/Discovery hot wire MAF efi system
recently whilst fitting a 3.9 litre rover V8 to a short wheel base land
rover. I am very familiar with the older flap AFM (L-jetronic based)
system used on injected 3.5 litre models. The 3.9 system is significantly
different. I am looking for any information on the system specifically, or
on its generic base if it has one. I speculate that it may be Motronic
based, but perhaps someone who speaks Bosch may be able to confirm this
one way or another.

The box contains:
Motorola branded 40 pin dil:
ZC93116CP
54744034
TM6
LLTI9126

Hitachi branded 40 pin dil:
1B1 T J
HD46508PA

Plessey branded 44 pin square SMD:
MVA5033KA
Y9136APR<delta symbol>

27C256 PROM

4Mhz Xtal on pins 2 and 3 of Moto device

Plus buffering, power devices and signal conditioning.

40 pin 3 row main connector of similar style to Bosch stuff.

System is fuel only (ignition separate). Has: Hot wire MAF, coolant temp,
fuel rail temp, TPS, road speed, optional 2x heated EGO (not used in this
model, but seen on others similar), takes signal from coil primary etc....

Anything familiar to anyone?
I would like to fiddle with this one, and perhaps later add one to my 5.0
litre rover engine with a little reprog.
I am assembler and C++ literate (relatively) and have fiddled with L-Jets
and Designed and built my own system (still teething HC11F1 + FPGA).

Jim- is it Motronic?

Thanks in advance...
Brian Tiedemann.
Melbourne, Australia.