Hello Brian Neill

Mark Taschek mtaschek at spdhw.dsccc.com
Tue Apr 1 11:02:07 GMT 1997

>YOUR WROTE

> Hi,
> I have been a mostly silent list member for quite a while, but now I have
> some new questions for all...
> I have been examining a Range Rover/Discovery hot wire MAF efi system
> recently whilst fitting a 3.9 litre rover V8 to a short wheel base land
> rover. I am very familiar with the older flap AFM (L-jetronic based)
> system used on injected 3.5 litre models. The 3.9 system is significantly
> different. I am looking for any information on the system specifically, or
> on its generic base if it has one. I speculate that it may be Motronic
> based, but perhaps someone who speaks Bosch may be able to confirm this
> one way or another.
>
> The box contains:
> Motorola branded 40 pin dil:
> ZC93116CP
> 54744034
> TM6
> LLTI9126
>
> Hitachi branded 40 pin dil:
> 1B1 T J
> HD46508PA
>
> Plessey branded 44 pin square SMD:
> MVA5033KA
> Y9136APR<delta symbol>
>
> 27C256 PROM
>
> 4Mhz Xtal on pins 2 and 3 of Moto device
>
> Plus buffering, power devices and signal conditioning.
>
> 40 pin 3 row main connector of similar style to Bosch stuff.
>
> System is fuel only (ignition separate). Has: Hot wire MAF, coolant temp,
> fuel rail temp, TPS, road speed, optional 2x heated EGO (not used in this
> model, but seen on others similar), takes signal from coil primary etc....
>
> Anything familiar to anyone?
> I would like to fiddle with this one, and perhaps later add one to my 5.0
> litre rover engine with a little reprog.
> I am assembler and C++ literate (relatively) and have fiddled with L-Jets
> and Designed and built my own system (still teething HC11F1 + FPGA).
>
> Jim- is it Motronic?
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Brian Tiedemann.
> Melbourne, Australia.

Hello Brian
	I can't help you out on your vw efi question but im sure someone
	in the group can... But I had a interest in what you have done
	with the hc11.. And if you would share your code for the hc11 and
	tell us what you have done??
	I have a big interest in your hc11 code as I im working on a hc11
	for my jeep..
	If you need, email me at

	mtaschek at spdhw.dsccc.com

	bye