Alternator drain

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 22:35:01 GMT 1997

>  lessee .... both provide pulsating DC.  One just uses rectifiers
>  and the other doesn't.  Both have regulated outputs (both current
>  and voltage, I assume).  So why not use both the same type???

Tis easy to explain... I had one of each <G>.  The generator does not have a
built in regulator that the vehicle's alternator has, therefore I ran the
output (at least to the stereo) through a series of capacitors and a large
diode (big, big, big) to ensure everything was not going to blow.

Seriously, that's why I have two units in my car... the generator was lying
in the garage floor at the time :)

Fred