Message not deliverable

Administrator Administrator_at_RAY__RMC__NAUTECH at ccmail.eo.ray.com
Thu Apr 3 08:04:39 GMT 1997

> Thanks Fred. I'm farily certain the ecm are the same now. I think I'm goin
>  to try and help him get his car going. I'll convert the harness from
>  sequential to MFI and land the combanation sensor on the coil pack module
as
>  my chilton books says plus a prom change. And, I'll also undo what the
jack
>  legg did. I'm surprised your book did not list the 3.0, then again, it
might
>  be an 87 - 88 model engine. Surprise surprise.

No problem, happy to help.  One thing he shoudl have done is grab the engine
harness going through the firewall, and the ECM.  You would have found that
the dashboard sensors would have to have been modified for display purposes,
however with the harness from the 3.0 engine and the ECM, the car would have
run fine with no effort, as the ECM and engine harness are somewhat
independant, except for the dash.  But you know this :)  I learned this the
hard way.  THis is how GM can put any engine into any car with minimal
effort.  I think :)

Fred

From: FJB203 at aol.com