Alternator drain

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Thu Apr 3 12:49:03 GMT 1997

Greetings,

Thanks for all the feedback on generators.  I might have used the wrong term
to describe the item in my truck, that does not require battery power to
begin generating electrical current.

Consider this: Honda, Sears, and many other companies make pull-cord start 1
cy engine-powered generators for running tools and lighting.  They are called
generators as part of the product name.  Maybe incorrectly, I dunno, but I
thought I would throw that into the mix :)

I called up to my pal who stores my truck for me, and he looked at the device
in question.  He said it says "Nippon" on it, and lots of those Japanese
charactors afterwars, is approximately 7-8" round, and apparently the case is
a large heatsink.  Has one thick red wire coming out of it :)  This is what I
remember installing.  So, not sure what it is, but it powers the lights well
enough LOL

Fred