How did you guys get into DIY-EFI

Catherine L. Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Fri Apr 4 02:19:18 GMT 1997

Chief wrote:

> How did most on the list get into DYI-EFI.  Did yall (southern dialect) get
> into if from initally being programmers, mechanics, electrical engineers, etc.
>
> I really envy the tech level you guys have on EFI and wonder how I might or
> if I could achieve the same.  I have pretty good automotive knowledge, basic
> programming skills and basic electrical skills.
>
> Please reply directly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ed Hilker aka "Chief"
> 84'SS - 700R4

Well, I "got into" EFI by being an electronics engineer who discovered
how neat it is to "make the earth shake:-)"

Havn't done much yet but try to understand the theory, but the best book
I've found is "Fuel Injection" by Jeff Hartman. Just the right amount of
theory and practical things. Just my (very) humble opinion - but you
asked.