Corvette -long-not DIYEFI

Aron Travis atravis at spacey.net
Fri Apr 4 01:17:25 GMT 1997

Tom Cloud wrote:

> does anyone know of a Corvette owners list?
>
> Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>

 Yes, there is one called Vettnet. I used to be a member, but I got tired
of sorting throught the 100+ emails per day.
Another warning too (off the topic, but what the hey), On one of my
vettenet emails I made a reference that it's absurd that due to free
speech rights I could fly a Nazi flag (I DON'T WANT TO!), but when I have
 a brick blocking the tire of my car the City of Palm Bay can fine me
$250 per day. I was flamed by some vettnetters for being a racist, they
totally misunderstood the analogy. One vettnetter admitted buying a Vette
with student loan money, he was rosted. If you say anything bad about
the National Corvette Museum, you'll be flamed. If you talk about any
other car, you'll be flamed.
Or to make a long story short, the vettenet has many good, knowledgeable
 car nuts, but also has no shortage of 'bad apples' looking for a fight.
I don't mean to disuade anyone, just to give my opinion, I did enjoy
the few months that I was a member of it. Once again the main reason
I droped out was the excessive emails.
I can find the address if 'Vettenet' doesn't pop up on your web browser.
Just my $.02.
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"