Switching power for PC in cars

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 03:30:42 GMT 1997

> Put a couple of these modules together and then make a cable to run to your
>  PC components.  Most MB's require an external "power good" signal.

Thanks for the advice Paul, and yes, there are plenty of options.  Got a lot
of good public and private messages regarding this issue, and have been
steered in several good directions  :).  The external "power good" signal can
be easily simulated with a capacitor, diode, resister, and an NPN transistor,
done that, so that would be cake. :)

>  thought I would mention there are some inexpensive alternatives for DC-DC
>  conversion.

Works for me, thanks for your suggestions :)

Frederic Breitwieser
http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm
Bridgeport CT
"Homebrew-autos at bolis.com Mailing List"