CO Emissions

Dennis Hepler dennish at websurfer.net
Wed Apr 9 03:15:24 GMT 1997

Some constructive advice would be apprieciated ... Let me first of all tell
you what I have & what I have to work with.
I've got a 21' open bow runnabout that has a 260hp  GM/chevy 350 with a
rochester quadrajet marine carberater & mechanical fuel pump.  An alledged
friend rebuilt the carb & had alot of pieces left over.. basicly the
dashpot linkage & another linkage ..
It runs ok but long before he rebuilt the carb. I was thinking about doing
efi on the puppy so I started collecting pieces .. not being in any hurry
I've managed to pickup :
	electric fuel pump w/ sending unit 	ford escort
	chevy tbi
		intake manifold, tbi unit, ecm, sensortype distributor, map sensor,
my boat has whats called thunderbolt cdi ignition that has a control unit
that basicly advances the timing in relation to rpms I think in 3 stages.
Of course the boat has no emissions bullshit what-so-ever.

First of all how hard would it be to retrofit this to efi using what I have
picked-up??

Second what benifits would I realize???

or should I just get a better carb. Or just not fuck with anything,  my
buddy just got a new ski boat and it's got efi    tbi I think.   I was
hoping to get better overall performance with efi if nothing else.
 I have heard holly "pro-jection" at least the old units was not the way to
go.
Any input/comments/suggestions/ would be greatly apprieaced
Dennis
I'm also not sure if this is the right way to post a question so if its all
wrong i sure someone will let me know  one of these days i will learn how
to do all this new stuff till then this will have to work

> From: Mark Eidson <Mark_Eidson at ccm.ch.intel.com>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: CO Emissions
> Date: Tuesday, April 08, 1997 7:32 PM
>

> Text item:
>
> Its been a while since I've been on the list.  I've changed jobs...
Anyway my CO