68HC705V12

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Sat Apr 12 15:48:02 GMT 1997

Sure I'm interested.  Post it to the project list or directly to me (mind
you, my mailer can only handle 500k at a time).  I've currently got a
non-micro based digital dash using 7-segment displays, as well as a 70 led
bar graph tacho.  Works great, except when the sun shines on it.  Which is
why I want to design a new one.

For the new one I thought of a colour graphics LCD (240x 180 size) showing
speed, tacho and odo, all other readings are push button activated unless
warning limits are exceeded, then they auto display.

Does anyone know if a colour graphics LCD would be too slow for updating,
the ones I've worked with you could see when rewriting the display (don't
know if that was due to software overhead though) ?

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com