Digital Dash & ALDL

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Sun Apr 13 16:33:56 GMT 1997

I decided to lump several short responses together to prevent having 20 one
line messages :)

First, Thanks Jody for the website on ALDL information, I will head over
there and add some of the codes.  I'm trying to make a fully detailed website
page that addressess all of the codes, schematics, and equipment necessary to
accomplish ALDL reading for almost any GM vehicle.

Second, those of you who wanted the digital dash schematic, I have to export
it to a DXF file again from my Orcad Schematic Capture software, and once I
do that, I will send it to you folks directly, as not to annoy the rest of
the members of the list.  Figure by Wednesday. (have to do IRS taxes today)

Third, to those of you who carefully explained the bit-reading issue with
ALDL, I thank you.  Obviously, this is not going to require a UART and a
simple interface circuit, I might be able to approach it another way, and
when thats figured out, I will of course put the information on my website
for general population use.

Frederic Breitwieser
http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm
Bridgeport Connecticut