Electromotive FI

.. ... DanLlwln at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 17 15:31:13 GMT 1997

Russ Highton Jr. wrote:

> Hi guys, this is my first post and I think this is a great list.   I am
> converting a Honda 600cc CBR F1 engine to fuel injection for a formula SAE
> car.  We are thinking about using the electromotive fuel injection system
> because it seems to be as adjustable as we need.  I was wondering if any of
> you have any experience with this system or company.  Any tips and opinions
> are welcome.  Thanks,
>
> Russ Highton Jr.
> Lehigh University FSAE engine team

I have talked to the folks at Electromotive a few times and they do seem
nice and helpful.  But, I have also heard some criticisms about the
quality on the unit.  Cost wise, the unit is a bargain, but I guess it
depends on what you are doing with the unit.  I did see a 911 engine
that was built for the owner of Electromotive that was blown after being
tested on a dyno.  I was not very impressed with the lack of any real
wiring harness - just push on electrical connectors.  In real high
performance, you want Milspec type connectors and such.  More expensive
units you might want to consider are Haltech, Xytech and Motec.

Dan