Quad4 modifications

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 18 05:31:13 GMT 1997

D. T. Kelly wrote:

> Hi all,
>      Hopefully this is a quick question...has anyone seen any modifications
> done to the Quad4 fuel injection system? I'm interested in
> anything...whether it be a larger throttle body, or more esoteric
> modifications/tuning.
>      Also, I was corresponding with a gentleman from Australia who was
> interested in some habanero seeds. I lost my hard drive and his address
> with it...if you're still on the list, please email me.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>
> D. T. Kelly
> 303 Crane Hall
> Minot, ND 58707
> PH 701-858-3457
> Fax 701-858-3458
Hi Tim; what year quad 4 do you have? There were two different types,
The HO and later quad 4's had a different intake manifold with short
runners. Different cams and compression. Oldsmobile did have a catalog
that listed a bunch of parts for the quad4. The HO stock made 190-200
horsepower. If you got the ho stuff, changed the lobe center on the
cams, shaved the heads .020 and put a header on it. The quad 4 will make
230+ horse easy.   Mark.