Quad4 modifications

D. T. Kelly kellyt at minot.com
Fri Apr 18 15:42:13 GMT 1997

Mark,
     Thanks for the reply. Here's a brief run-down on what I have: A 1990
HO Quad4 with the HO intake and exhaust manifold, HO cams, and 10:1
compression (stock). When I rebuilt the engine, I had to bore it .010 over
and deck the heads .010. I have searched high and low for the Olds
performance catalog, to no avail. The GM catalog has a few things, but they
are geared toward carburetion (thanks to racing rules).
     As far as changing lobe centers and adding a header is concerned, I
have found NO parts for this engine...no different cams, no header, etc.
>From what I've gathered, the stock HO exhaust manifold is supposedly the
best, and a header would offer no improvement.
     Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim