FW: FW: FW: Electromotive FI

Atkinson, David DATKINSO at COSMPDGATE.CO.SYMBIOS.COM
Fri Apr 18 16:34:29 GMT 1997

 ----------
From:  cloud
Sent:  Friday, April 18, 1997 7:49 AM
To:  David Atkinson; diy_efi
Subject:  Re: FW: FW: Electromotive FI

David, what is IOT and TOG (yeah, I'm too lazy to search
for the web site with all the "TLA's" .... thought maybe
you'd humor me and explain.

IOT=Idle Offset Time.  Used as an additive value to GAMA, which is the
sum of all the enrichments at any given time.  IOT basically adjusts the
fuel delivery at idle and low RPM conditions.
TOG=Time On Gama.  This is the time for one GAMA, calculated by
determining how long any given injector may be on at redline for your
particular engine, at 90% duty cycle.  There's a formula for this in the
manual; I don't remember it offhand.  TOG is more important at high
power, high RPM conditions.

I have the Holley ProJection analog (I think) setup.  It
uses only RPM and TPS (I assume you know what those acronyms
mean   ;-)    though it does have the ability to add EGO
feedback (which I may do -- though I really plan to
build another controller and continue to use the Holley
throttle body).  It works quite well, though I'm replacing
my engine with a new one with Ford MotorSport E-303 cam
and ported GT-40 heads (351W in a Bronco).  I am curious,
as you seem to be, as to why 'simple' efi systems are
said to not be able to work with hi-po engines.

RPM?  TPS?  what?   :-)

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>