Radar Scrambling

Dan DanLlwln at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 22 11:54:50 GMT 1997

> I know this is ludicrously off-topic, but the people in this newsgroup seem to know engineering, electronics and cars --
>
> does anyone have any good/bad experiences with any police radar scramblers?
>
> geoff

Well, I know that the stuff you currently see on the market in the
magazines and such is worthless.  Think about it, the units only
(supposedly) reflect back the signal after mixing the signal up.  The
surface area of the car is far greater than the area of the little box.
The car will overwhelm any signal from the box.  If the box were
actually a transmitter, the FCC would shut them down in a instant.  You
may want to check out some of the car magazines for past articles.  You
can build a real jammer, but it is expensive and risky, if caught.

Amazing to me that the government hasn't pounced on those guys selling
bogus jammers because they have ripped off many people.  However, they
may not mind collecting the speeding ticket revenue the boxes generate
when the dupe learns the box doesn't work.  I suppose they don't mind if
it suits their purposes.

Dan