Electromotive FI

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Tue Apr 22 12:23:33 GMT 1997

> On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, David Doddek wrote:
>
> > One thing that you have to remember about the Haltec and Electro, is how the
> > case is made.  With the Haltec, is is a simple matter of taking a few screws
> > out and using the chip puller to pop out the hc11 and pop in a new one.  It
> > can be done in about 5 minutes and the parts cost about $5.  So Haltec is
> > making $45 for 5 minutes work.
> > On the other hand, the Electro has a potted case to keep the unit water
> > tight.
>
> [stuff about potted boards and removing chips and other stuff deleted]

Now hold on, how often are these things being replaced?, I get the
feeling regularly, If so I'd say thats a PP effort on those companies
part, a design problem, if they got wet it's fair enough.
BTW, I have spoken to Motec in the past and thier
new 68332 based ECU's have all chips soldered in place then epoxyed.
Mind you they have not had 1 back for repair either, says something
about Motec quality more than anything. (no I dont work for them).
I just wish I owned one.

Ross Myers