Radar Scrambling

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 12:24:47 GMT 1997

>  does anyone have any good/bad experiences with any police radar
scramblers?

Geoff,

There is a device called a "Phazer" which used to be sold by magazines for
about $399, which is now available from the almost bankrupt "DAK" catalog
(they have an 800 number).  If they have any left, they were selling them for
about 100 bucks.  I have one, it works EXCELLENT for the K, Ka and X
combinations, even puslating Ka.  Lidar is a different issue, as its a
pinpoint type of radar, and while the Phazer device can confuse Lidar, it
doesn't do as good as job as it does on the other bands.  I had no issue
buying one, it works well.  However the Phazer II came out recently (last
fall) with better Lidar destruction.

Check with your local state laws, CA, VA, Washington and RI outlawed
"non-passive radar devices that transmit signals back to police radar".  I'm
sure other states have followed suit.

I also have a 1994 Car and Driver article retyped on my website about
speeding, and some common sense things to go along with that.

Cheers,

Frederic Breitwieser
http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm