Radar Scrambling

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Wed Apr 23 15:07:55 GMT 1997

> Wow, a stealth car. Tell us more about this radar evading
> technology. It would be nice if I could make my homebuilt have the
> radar signature of starving stinch bug!

Don't get too excited.  I can tell you from personal experience that
vettes have no problem showing up on police radar.  The radiator is
tilted back so it'll fit way up in the nose.  Most of the radar
profile comes from the block, the wheels, and the headlights.  Are
camaros fiberglass these days?

I always thought the ultimate stealth car/situation would be a ZR-1
vette, painted black, dark tinted windows, headlights replaced with
infrared lamps, driver wearing night vision goggles, driving 180 mph
in the dead of night with no visible lights.  Cop would report that
one as a UFO!  :-)

--steve