Radar Scrambling

Steve Ciciora scicior at uswest.com
Wed Apr 23 18:41:55 GMT 1997

> From owner-diy_efi-outgoing at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu Wed Apr 23 12:31 MDT
1997
> From: "Dan J. Declerck" <declrckd at cig.mot.com>
> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:07:31 -0500
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: Radar Scrambling
>

> Seriously, The best defense against Lidar is absense of chrome with dark
> colored
> paint. To go further, use headlight covers.
>
> Also Lidar's frequency is in the public domain, meaning you are allowed to jam
> it legally.

Well, not exactly 'allowed to jam it legally'  (interfering with a law
enforcement officer, or something like that), but if you built a garage door
opener that works off a 908nm beem of ir led, 20ns pulses at 1KHz, and could
demonstrate that that was the primary purpose of your device, and it just so
happen to jam lidar....
(specs from memory, I believe the wavelenght is around 900nm.  Have not seen any
solid state lasers in that range, though :-(