Radar Scrambling

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 23:31:43 GMT 1997

> that's interesting data .... where'd you get it and can
>  you validate it?  Also, what makes one think sending out
>  the signal won't just get you a ticket for doing 375 mph
>  in a 55 mph zone ???

Steal (oops, purchase) an automatic door opener from your local Shoprite (not
from shoprite, the door openers they use to open the doors <G>), and you can
effectively jam KA, K, and X easily enough.  This is because they operate
near the same frequency as the radar detectors, but also transmit white noise
across the harmonics of the initial frequency, which confuses the crap out of
the radar guns.  This is why your radar detector indicates "SLOW DOWN" in the
K-Mart parking lot :)

The radar gun which I used over the years (Pulsating KA band) to determine
track speed for drag racing always registered "UUU" rather than a MPH value
when anywhere near a K-Mart.  I tried out of curiosity a few years back.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm