Radar Scrambling

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 23:32:26 GMT 1997

> Our minivan has proven to have a low radar signature!!  Its one of the
>  plastic Lumina minivans with a steeply raked windshield and no front
>  plate.  We have blasted by radar and laser traps and never had a problem.

That's great news Jon, until your state starts to purchase Lidar.  Lidar
specifications indicate that they can clock vehicle speed in fractions of a
second on a flat 4"x8" plate.  And that be a license plate.  Lidar can also
acurately clock towards the cop, and away from the cop.

I think the only realistic solution (aside from not speeding, but I didn't
say that) is to have multiple reflective surfaces such as the Stealth Bomber.

Or grenade the cop while you go by, but that opens other issues ;)

One other thing to consider is that you are driving a Minivan,
stereotypically associated with housewives with groceries in the back :).
 This is why having a plain vanilla grey family sedan and making it a power
monger is a great idea for a "sleeper" type vehicle.  Cops tend to notice the
bright yellow corvettes long before us with dark green supercharged Lincoln
Continentals :)

Frederic
http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm