Radar Scrambling

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 23:32:08 GMT 1997

Howdy Snake :)

> stealthier, fewer flat panels normal to the road. A laser would have no
>  problem getting a reflection from the front of my 74 LTD

I used to have a 69 Ford XL convertible, basically a mislabled LTD.  Very
nice vehicle.  Many fond memories.

>  resulting index being so high that you can only see the license from
>  straight on/behind. Photo radar cameras have to be mounted at some offset
so
>  now they can't see your plate.

Yes.  This is how they are made.  Also, there are some waxes that can be
applied to the vehicle that appears to have the same viscosity as
wet-metalflake paint, which is designed to serve the same purpose.  I tried
it once, and found $49.95 for car wax a bit crazy.  I just keep the car under
100 :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm