Radar Scrambling

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Fri Apr 25 18:52:10 GMT 1997

Actually, it is my understanding that the Phantom "Chirps".  In ECM
parlance, this means that it returns a rapidly phase shifting signal.
 A Doppler radar, such as the police use sees this as a rapid speed
variation and refuses to display it.  As you stated, the jammer
becomes ineffective when the proximity of the car to the radar is such
that the radar reflection is greater than the direct radiation of the
jammer.