68HC11F1 questions

Seth Allen n9540517 at cc.wwu.edu
Tue Apr 29 02:08:14 GMT 1997

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 avos at cochlear.com.au wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 08:30:40 EST
> From: avos at cochlear.com.au
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: 68HC11F1 questions
>
> I'm currently building a boost controller, and after considerable research have
> chosen to use a Motorola sensor to measure boost pressure. The part number is
> MPX4250AP. I don't know if this will be useful for you. This sensor is
> temperature compensated, signal conditioned (no external conditioning prior to
> A/D converter as output is 0-5V), high temp range, and 2.5 bar absolute pressure
> range. I can get them for AUS$22.00 each. Unfortunately 2.5 bar absolute
> pressure is only 1.5 bar guage pressure, so might not have enough range for you.
> When you said 2 bar were you talking about absolute or guage pressure?
>
> Adrian

Adrian, I just ordered a Mpx4250ap for myself, I should say backordered
it  @$22.62 US.  It seems to be the MAP of choice, I will be running
12psig boost or 1.8 bar absolute.  I can run up to 3 bar absolute with
that setup, or so I hear.  I also might have a line on half a diesel
truck intercooler.  With a littel welding I might have a BIG intake
charge cooler.  That's still in the works.

Thanks for the input,

Seth