MAP Sensor noise.

avos at cochlear.com.au avos at cochlear.com.au
Wed Apr 30 05:36:47 GMT 1997

     It seems that alot of people have used the Motorola MPX4250AP MAP
     sensor. What I am wondering is how most people use it. It could either
     be mounted under the bonnet with an electrical signal to the
     micro-controller, and then you have problems with noise, or it can be
     mounted in with the micro-controller, in which case you must run a
     pressure signal which could be accidentally cut possibly resulting in
     catastrophic boost levels etc. Also there will no doubt be some
     (small) delay in increasing the distance from the pressure source
     (though this is probably negligable). What is the standard way of
     doing this? I am thinking of mounting it under the bonnet, but havn't
     decided this for sure. Is there relative advantages/disadvantages? Is
     the problem of electrical noise easily solved with a low pass filter.
     Any feedback on past experience will be appreciated.

     Adrian