That gol durned fuel injection

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 30 12:54:14 GMT 1997

>On page 74 of the June 1997 issue of 'Automobile' is the statement, and
>I quote, "But carbs are more tuneable than fuel injection."
>
>Now I know that I'm preaching to the converted, but, this statement
>is totally wrong. Fuel injection (within reason) can adapt and 'self
>tune' to a variety of engine changes much better than any carb. For
>example when I put headders on my Galaxie I had to rejet the carb, when
>I put headders on my Golf the EFI compensated.

yeah, but "carbs **are** more tuneable than fuel injection",
hence the necessity for this list -- when's the last time you
say a list dedicated to carbs ??  not that they aren't
plentiful, esp amongst enthusiasts, just that they are
"more _easily_ tuneable".  If I could take the little
'cap' off my efi and tune it, I would, but I have a SD
system that requires lots of electronics and programming
skills to decipher and lots of expensive electronic
equipment to 'tune'.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all -- just taking the
devil's advocate position.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>